RigQuip are experts in drilling equipment. We’re a longstanding business with a forward-thinking approach. We support our clients in efficient drilling operations, whether that’s providing state of the art new equipment and engineering services, or used equipment recertification and parts and expendables.
We’re currently on the lookout for Mechanical Fitters to work in our Aberdeen workshop to service and repair drilling equipment including mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment. There will also be opportunities to support offshore workscopes. The role will suit an individual with a strong mechanical aptitude and ability to deliver high quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Strip and inspect equipment, identifying and recording any defects.
- Service, repair, rebuild and function test equipment.
- Read, interpret and follow work instructions, engineering drawings and manuals.
- Use measuring tools such as micrometres, vernier gauges and dial indicators.
- Complete detailed inspection reports, engineering reports and other documentation.
- Comply with all job related QA/QC processes – work instructions, quality plans and competency records without exception.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental policies without exception.
- Work both in the workshop and offshore from time to time as required.
- Maintain good facility housekeeping – work bay and tooling
- Complete facility maintenance tasks as directed by Supervisor.
- Other duties as may reasonably be expected by Supervisor.
- Time served mechanical fitter or similar – apprenticeship or HNC.
- Experience working as a mechanical fitter or similar in an oil & gas, heavy plant, factory machinery, mechanical aerospace, marine or REME environment.
- Experience working as a mechanical fitter or similar in repair of drilling equipment such as mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to use measuring tools – micrometres, vernier gauges and dial indicators.
- Ability to complete detailed inspection reports, engineering reports and other documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Competitive salary
- Offshore bonus
- Progression opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £34,000.00 /year