Mechanical Service Engineer
RigQuip is a longstanding drilling equipment sale and service organisation headquartered in Aberdeen, supporting drilling contractor and operator clients internationally. We are currently on the look out for a Mechanical Service Engineer experienced in working with NOV, Cameron or MH Wirth drilling equipment. This individual will be responsible for mechanical and hydraulic service and repair of drilling equipment including mud pumps, top drives, drawworks and pipe handling equipment in our Workshop in Aberdeen and offshore on a contract basis. The role will suit an individual who pays attention to detail and can deliver high quality work in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose drilling equipment issues.
- Service and repair equipment as required.
- Interpret and complete both scheduled and unscheduled work orders.
- Test repaired equipment to verify proper maintenance.
- Create detailed service reports and maintain accurate records and paperwork.
- Ensure compliance with all QA/QC processes.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental policies are top priorities at all times.
- Other related duties as defined by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Education and Training:
- Mechanical/hydraulic engineering qualification.
- OEM training in service and repair of mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment advantageous.
- Experience working with NOV, Cameron or MH Wirth drilling equipment including mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment.
- Experience interpreting and working with technical drawings.
- Experience using measuring equipment.
- Experience working with heavy equipment.
- Competitive offshore day rate
- Progression opportunities