*Note: Experience working as a mechanical fitter in repair of drilling equipment such as mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment is essential to apply for this role*
RigQuip is the worlds leading independent drilling equipment service organisation. We provide equipment, engineering, servicing and parts to drilling contractors and operator clients around the globe.
We’re currently on the lookout for mechanical technicians to inspect, service and repair drilling equipment including mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment in our workshops or on site as required. The role will also involve building work packs for and administering maintenance projects in the company management system.
The role will suit individuals with strong mechanical drilling equipment experience who are also confident users of IT and software systems.
- Strip and inspect equipment, identifying and recording any defects.
- Service, repair, rebuild and function test equipment.
- Read, interpret and follow work instructions, engineering drawings and manuals.
- Use measuring tools such as micrometres, vernier gauges and dial indicators.
- Complete detailed inspection reports, engineering reports and other documentation.
- Build work packs for maintenance projects.
- Execute and administer projects in the company management system.
- Comply with all job related QA/QC processes – work instructions, quality plans and competency records without exception.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental policies.
- Work both in the workshop and on site as required (onshore & offshore).
- Maintain good facility housekeeping – work bay and tooling.
- Complete facility maintenance tasks as directed by Supervisor.
- Other duties as may reasonably be expected by Supervisor.
- Mechanical engineering qualification advantageous.
- Experience working as a mechanical fitter in repair of drilling equipment such as mud pumps, drawworks, top drives and pipe handling equipment is essential.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to use measuring tools – micrometres, vernier gauges and dial indicators.
- Ability to complete detailed inspection reports, engineering reports and other documentation.
- Confident user of IT and software systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Competitive salary
- Offshore bonus (additional $100 per day)
- Progression opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From AED10,000.00 per month