RigQuip is a longstanding drilling equipment sale and service organisation headquartered in Aberdeen, positioned for growth through the coming years. We’re currently on the lookout for a Workshop Manager with proven experience managing a drilling equipment repair workshop.
This individual will be responsible for planning, executing and delivering workshop production. The role will involve effective management of the workshop labour force, providing expert technical input and providing high quality communication to customers. The right candidate will be results orientated and a team player. The role provides an opportunity for that person to make a mark for themselves as part of a growing business.
- Plan, schedule and manage workshop equipment repair jobs.
- Instruct, supervise and mentor workshop floor team.
- Deliver workshop jobs on time and on budget.
- Provide engineering expertise in repair and maintenance of drilling equipment.
- Ensure all jobs are completed in a safe and technically sound manner.
- Support production of job work packs and work instructions.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and quality management system.
- Ensure effective collaboration with partners and vendors.
- Provide regular progress updates to customers and the directors.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Support internal projects to grow technical and operational capacity.
- Support the business in improving the efficiency, effectiveness and profitability of the workshop.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental policies.
- Other related duties as defined by the directors from time to time.
- Mechanical engineering qualification.
- OEM training in specific product lines supported by the company advantageous.
- Previous experience supervising a drilling equipment workshop facility.
- Technical knowledge of drilling equipment and components.
- Experience working in compliance with quality management systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
- Progression opportunities
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter detailing your suitability.
Job Type: Full-time